20 September 2016

Hello darkness, my old friend | music

I saw Disturbed live at Graspop this summer and they were WAY better than I expected them to be. I didn't really know their music and expected metal that was too hard and heavy for me, but got presented with lots of awesome rock songs. There was one in particular that caught my attention. A slow song that everybody else seemed to know and sang along to. 
I discovered that the song is called The Sound Of Silence and that it's a cover from Simon & Garfunkel. 
This song is over 50 years old. Wow!


NEDERLANDS: Ik zag Disturbed live op Graspop deze zomer en ontdekte dat deze band helemaal geen hard and heavy metal is, maar supergoede rock. Ik vond al hun nummers  heel cool, maar er was er eentje dat er voor me uitsprong. 
Een trager nummer dat iedereen leek te kennen en mee kon zingen. 
Ik hoorde het nummer onlangs opnieuw en werd er meteen verliefd op. Ik ontdekte dat het The Sound Of Silence heet en dat het een cover van Simon & Garfunkel is. Dit nummer is meer dan 50 jaar oud, wauw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion!