17 August 2016

Damon and Jo | travel

I like to believe I'm an adventurer when it comes to travelling, but the truth is: I'm not. Yes, I've moved to another country on my own. But I've never been outside of the European Union in my entire life, I've never done couchsurfing and even though I always try to find the cheapest way to travel, I'll always choose the safer option (even if it costs me a bit more).

Except for my Erasmus exchange I've never travelled all by myself. And this is something I want to change. I want to see the world and yes, it would be nice if friends would join me, but I want to be comfortable travelling by myself as well. 
I want to see the goddamn world!

NEDERLANDS: Ik zie mezelf graag als een echte avonturier wat betreft reizen, maar eerlijk gezegd: I'm not. Ik ben op mijn eentje verhuisd naar een ander land, dat wel. Maar ik ben nog nooit buiten de Europese Unie geweest, ik heb nog nooit couchsurfing gebruikt en ook al reis ik zo goedkoop mogelijk, ik zal toch altijd nog met plezier een beetje meer betalen voor iets dat ik al ken.

Met uitzondering van mijn Erasmus uitwisseling heb ik nog nooit alleen gereisd. Dit is iets wat ik wil veranderen. Ik wil de wereld zien en het zou fijn zijn als er vrienden meegaan, maar ik wil ook alleen durven reizen. 
I want to see the goddamn world!

Source// Bron

I realised all of these things thanks to Damon and Jo, two crazy travelling friends that also have a blog and a Youtube channel (cause honestly, who doesn't nowadays, right?). The reason I love these two is because they are absolutely crazy, they're open to other cultures and they love to learn new languages, see new places and meet new people.

They make lots of videos in different languages, which I think is totally cool. I might not understand all of them (unless they're in English, Dutch, German, French or Swedish, I will not know what the hell they're talking about), but it's amazing to see how they manage to speak all of these different languages. Breaking the American stereotype of being able to speak only English and I love it! 

I love people who speak multiple languages, because it changes your view on the world completely. I love travellers who try to hang out with the locals instead of only doing the touristy things, because that's when you see the real life. 
So, yeah, I'm totally in love with Damon and Jo! And so should you!

NEDERLANDS: Ik ontdekte onlangs Damon en Jo, twee gekke reisvrienden die ook een blog en een Youtubekanaal hebben (want wie heeft dat niet tegenwoordig, toch?). De reden waarom ik zo gek ben van deze twee vrienden is dat ze een beetje gek zijn, at ze openstaan voor andere culturen en dat ze het geweldig vinden om nieuwe talen te leren, nieuwe plaatsen te ontdekken en nieuwe mensen te leren kennen.

Ze maken video's in verschillende talen en dat vind ik fantastisch! Ik versta natuurlijk niet alle video's, maar ik vind het geweldig om te zien en te horen en af en toe wat woordjes bij te leren. Ik houd van mensen die meerdere talen speken. Het verandert je beeld van de wereld volledig! Dus ja, ik vind Damon en Jo te gek! Jij vast ook!



Check out their blog and their Youtube channel:
Bezoek hun blog en hun Youtube kanaal: 

Blog // Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion!