24 March 2015

We're the outsiders, but you can't hide us!

Eerder blogde ik al over Delain. Ze waren namelijk het voorprogramma van Sabaton (klik). Ik vond ze niet de beste act van de avond, maar er is een nummer van hen dat is blijven hangen: We Are The Others. Na het concert ben ik helemaal geobsedeerd door dit lied! Het is een ontzettend catchy deuntje met een mooie tekst en een nog mooiere betekenis. Het nummer is namelijk vertrokken van de gruwelijke moord op Sophie Lancaster. Deze twintiger werd enkele jaren geleden vermoord omdat ze gothic was. Seriously? Ik kan me heel kwaad maken in zaken als deze, maar besloot om me te focussen op de positieve nagedachtenis van deze meid. Because we are the others!

ENGLISH: I blogged about Delain earlier this month. They were one of the support acts at the Sabaton concert (click). I didn't think they were the best act of the evening, but I did like them. One song in particular caught my attention: We Are The Others. Ever since I came back from the concert I have been obsessed with this song! It's a very catchy tune, with nice lyrics and e beautiful meaning! The song is based on Sophie Lancaster, who was murdered a couple of years ago, just because she was a gothic. I can get extremely angry when I hear sad stories like this, but I decided to look at the positive of it and share this song. Because we are the others!


We won't let them get us down or wear us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion!