15 July 2014

Know your classics #1 : Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

Lots and lots of times I get really annoyed by people who don't know some of the greatest hits of all times. I'm sure I don't know all of them myself, but I love to get to know some of the most influential bands and songs of all time. So whenever I discover a classic I don't already know I listen to the song and do some research about it. I truly love music and I know it isn't always easy in times like these, times where people think that computer noises are actually good music, to discover the true classics. But that's why I'm here to help. I'm starting this series of posts, because there are some songs that I believe everyone should know and I'd like you to discover them all!

The very first song I'd like you all to know is Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Please don't be afraid to listen to the song if you're not a big rock fan. It's one of Metallica's slower, softer songs and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do. I've known this song for a long, long time now, but never really listened to all of the lyrics. Shame on me, because I found out that this song is a beautiful love song. It's about being in a relationship and loving each other so much that it just doesn't matter anymore what others think of you. There's so much emotion and truth in this song. No wonder this song has been so popular for so long already. It's been a classic from the minute it was released in 1992. This song is older than I am and I freaking love it, so don't even try to use the age of this song as an excuse to not know it!



Nothing Else Matters has been covered a million times probably, so if you're not particularly fond of this version, listen to another one. 
But never ever forget it's a Metallica song!