8 April 2014

Michelle Kwan - Sweet Child O' Mine (originally by Guns 'n Roses)


Lately I have this obsession with Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns 'n Roses. Two years ago at Graspop Metal Meeting I heard this famous song live. Twice actually. One time by Slash and one time by Guns 'n Roses. Ofcourse I knew the song (seriously, who doesn't?!), but until recently I never really listened to it carefully. The lyrics, the guitar solos, the feeling it gives me, ... All of a sudden I seem to love everything about this song! 

I like the original song by Guns 'n Roses, but I also like a lot of covers of Sweet Child O' Mine. And trust me, there are quite a few of them! One of my favourite covers is Michelle Kwan's. Her (instrumental) cover is very special, because she uses a guzheng, a typical Chinese instrument. It looks really difficult to play and I honestly never heard or saw anything like it before, but I'm really diggin' it! You too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion!